Friday, September 11, 2015

New Beginnings. Moving into: New York City 9/11/2015

New Beginnings. Moving into:
New York City
9/11/2015
“By tomorrow morning, I will be in New York.”

911.jpg

So today is September 11th, 2015. On this day, in 2001, the tragic coordinated attacks on the United States, by the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda, resulted in the death of 2,996 people. The obliteration of the World Trade Center and infrastructure nearby, caused massive damage to the global markets, and the economy of Lower Manhattan. America, however, “endures in the tenacity of our survivors.” RIP to those who perished in these events, and God bless America.
By tomorrow morning, I will be in New York City.  I am thankful for this opportunity, and I feel at home in this beautiful place. I do not quite feel worthy of being here, but I will work my body to the grave for this dream.  -Anna Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment